BlackBerry Javelin 8900 Hands-on Impressions

Posted by Santo on 7.31.2011


After spending some extended time with the Telus BlackBerry Storm, it’s now my pleasure to share my impressions with all the Canuck Storm Chasers out there. Hit the Jump to read more about Application Center, and operating system information, multimedia, SMS, and some of the prices / Issue speculation.

Where to start? Well let's start first with what immediately stood out more about the OS. First let me say that the storm Telus OS is not yet final. Telus has yet to confirm / charge, whose programs have the storm (which should happen very soon) and they said they were still tweaking the operating system for performance. I did not say that the optimization is for use on the TELUS network or a touch screen interface, but I noticed a slight delay in the letters on the screen while I texted. I also had a little trouble moving from portrait to landscape accelerometer consistently, but I think this was due to FAIL blogger than anything else.

Interestingly, the storm Telus does not have the BlackBerry Center, which was launched with Verizon Storm. When I asked about his absence, I was told that Telus was "looking into it" and "want to talk to RIM." Even if I was not able to catch a peak of OS version , and refine programs or lack of App Center leads me to believe that the storm Telus will start with something greater than OS 4.7.0.65. Now maybe a good time to mention that I heard RIM hopes to release either 0 , 70, or 0, 72 air version this week.
But let's focus more on what was characteristic of the Telus BlackBerry Storm. If you've read my previous posts, you already know, but I can confirm Telus Storm will begin with an 8 GB microSD card pre-loaded on the card is a boat-load of good music and video clips from the Arts Trades and Canadian label. It's a very smart consumer movement on the side of Telus and will use the iPhone crowd of college students eyeing. Hopefully Telus takes this relationship to the next level and make a kind of storm Rocks concert series for the average consumer with some Arts and Crafts bands.

As you can see from the photo above, videos like this is very similar to the BlackBerry Storm. As you may know, the Storm sports Fed HVGA resolution, but on a larger 3.25 inch. This means that the storm sports a lower pixel density than the Fed, so it's videos are only "sharp" rather than "willing mad mad", but the tradeoff is that the videos are much easier to see later on the big screen I think it's a compromise most people would.

Photo below, by comparing the camera of the Storm, storm the Bold is just as good as eating the media, because it is displayed. You can learn more about the comparison between the camera here. Storm screen is very bright and is much stronger than the speakers, Bold, to run on top of the best around multimedia BlackBerry.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment